What Are Unity Teachings?
Unity has no dogma. The Fillmores were reluctant even to issue a statement of beliefs. They wanted to remain in constant exploration.
Throughout the years, they pulled together teachings of Truth that flow through all the world’s great religions. Later, leaders of Unity boiled them down to five basic principles.
1. There is only One Power and One Presence active in the universe and in my life, God, the Good, Omnipotent.
2. Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence was fully expressed in Jesus, the Christ.
3. We are co-creators with God, actively creating our world through thoughts held in mind.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. Through thoughts, words, and actions, we live the truth we know.